Friday, December 07, 2012

Garden of the Gods

Last month I took a trip to Colorado for an event called Engage. This is where James Grout, the new national youth director for the Christian & Missionary Alliance, gathered point people from all the district around the States. Essentially, someone who would represent the youth ministries in each district to encourage, challenge and pass on information to. Because of my job, this role has become mine.

One of the days we had an afternoon open and James asked if I would take a group out to the Garden of the Gods. This is an area in Colorado Springs where formations of sandstone have cropped out of the ground. It is a major climbing places for rock climbers. I am always blown away to see these people climbing the face of these ginormous rocks. It is truly breath taking when you look at it. I took a bunch of pictures and I thought I would share it with you.

Honestly, I have been through this several times and it has never gotten old. It's funny that I take pretty much the same pictures every time, but I keep doing it anyhow. I am always in awe of God's creation. I am drawn to God when I am out in nature. I just sense a closeness with God when I am walking around in something that is so beautiful.
Do not go off trail



Balancing Rock. It's kind of crazy to think it sits there and doesn't tip.
(believe me, I tried)
What is the most incredible sight you have seen in God's creation?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...