Monday, January 10, 2011

Intentional Walks and Partying with Friends

I love getting together with friends and family. I LOVE IT! It is one of my favorite things to do. My soul sings when I am with people. Tonight we gathered to celebrate. Celebrate a team who went undefeated. Celebrate a team who represents our state. Celebrate fun. Celebrate competition. And we did. We ate, we laughed, we cheered, we screamed, we moaned, we cried, we yelled. A range of emotions. It was really fun. Although we lost, we had a total blast. I love that.

These are people I love to hang with!









As far as the loss...I am not complaining that we lost, I am just frustrated about the way it was finished. I realize that what I am about to say is about a strategy, but it's not a strategy that I like. In baseball they do an intentional walk when they are afraid of the batter. I can't stand it. Ever. Even when my Red Sox do it I yell at the screen. In basketball, when they throw around the ball until the shot clock forces them to shoot it, I go nuts. It's so irritating. Tonight, the last 2 minutes was filled with that junk. The fear that if they went for it Oregon would come back and win it with another touchdown and 2 point conversion. A legitimate fear.

There. I said it. I'm done. Congrats Auburn. Thanx for a great year University of Oregon. It was a fun ride. See you this fall!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...