Friday, April 25, 2008

Why does everyone sue?

I just read this story and I don't know how to feel. A lady lost her eye watching her son play baseball. Basically a player was swinging his bat and lost grip in the rain and hit her. She is suing everyone. I am surprised she did not name the baseball bat company because they didn't make the grip any more gripping.

I wonder what she would've done if it were her own son who lost grip of the bat. Would she sue him too? It would seem like it. I just think that if you think conditions are not safe; 1) tell someone and complain before something happens; 2) don't stand in an area that you could potentially get hurt; 3)realize that there are always potential hazards when you are around sporting events.

That being said, I do have sympathy for the woman for losing an eye. I would probably be upset too. I just come back to, "What would she do if it were her son?"


"A Portland woman who lost her eye after being hit by a baseball bat at a West Linn High School field is suing the West Linn-Wilsonville School District, Oregon School Activities Association, two fence companies, an architecture firm, a Jesuit High baseball player and others for $2.7 million."

Read the rest of the story here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...