Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I am going to change the world!

Tonight I went to our high school ministry's Grounded time. A place for high schoolers to connect and go deeper in God's Word and share their personal thoughts on different topics. This time around it was time for Paula, girl from Simpson University who is considering the 2nd high school pastor position at our church, to share with us. She talked about calling.

Paula shared a bit of her story and her interaction with this topic and then had us go through some questions in smaller groups. We had some great interaction on these questions and only got through 1...maybe 2ish. It was cool to hear one student share his journey and how his friend has been bringing him back to church. He is excited to explore calling in his life.

We got back together and Paula shared some more. It was cool. At the end she had us take 5 minutes to respond bye writing our own response out. I wanted to share with you what I wrote. I was inspired.


I am going to change the world.
Jesus came into this world. He changed it...radically.
He said we would do even greater things than him. (wow)
Do I have faith in that reality?
Do I trust him enough to say that is truth?
I am going to change the world.
One moment at a time.
One conversation at a time.
One act at a time.
I choose to bring heaven to earth by living like Jesus "called" me to.
...by loving...
...giving...
...accepting...
...caring...
I am going to change the world.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...