Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Hitchhikers & Hot Air Balloons


This morning, after crewing for our hot air balloon, I headed to work. I had to get gas so I pulled into the pilot station and saw a guy at the corner with a "Seattle" cardboard sign and a big, happy smile on his face. I thought, "I'm picking that guy up if he is still there when I am done getting gas." Sure enough, he was there. I said, I can only take you 20 minutes up the road, but there are more cars getting on there.

Quentin jumped in and he began to tell me his story. He is from France, but has grown tired of the politics there so he left. He moved to Montreal and then decided to go on a 3 month trip. He hitchhiked to Mexico and then hitchhiked all over Mexico. He has only paid for 2 nights in a hotel or hostel. People have either taken him in or he has worked for a room or he has camped out under the stars.

He asked me what I did and I began to share. We got to the exit and I offered to buy Starbucks (yes, I know, he is from France and they have very cool little bistros for coffee, but he said he liked Starbucks). He then began to share his spiritual journey with me. I did the same. It was really cool. He has some interesting thoughts, but I was clear in what I believed and showed him love. We had a great conversation and then I sent him off with a Starbucks gift card and prayed for him.

I don't usually do that, but today I felt like it was the right thing to do. I think we were both blessed.

Thanx Quentin!

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

sounds like an interesting time. I am sure that years from now you will still be praying for quentin and hopefully someday soon you will see him up above! way to rock the testimony!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...