Friday, July 11, 2008

Fire and Explosions

I walked outside this morning to mow the lawn and I saw a huge plume of black smoke! It is Karston's birthday today so I told him to hop in the car and we would go eploring together. It was a nursery down the road about. It's out in "farm country" and away from homes, but it was HUGE!

We got over there and the smoke was dark black and so thick. It was gushing out. I run and ride my bike back here and usually I will see 2-5 cars the entire time I am out there. We saw over 50 cars filled with gawkers just like us.

We could feel the impact of several explosions while we were there. Turns out there were propane tanks a motor home and other things out in a storage shed. There were 7 different fire districts that came in. "Crews from Marion County Fire District 1, Keizer, Woodburn, Salem, St. Paul, Silverton and Southwest Polk County reported to the scene." They used over 32,000 gallons of water to extinguish the blaze. You can read the rest of the article in the Keizer Times.

Check out these crazy pics!




1 comment:

Rochelle said...

nice pix! if i had not had an interview i would have taken the kids to go see! it was amazing how huge the smoke was. i am thankful that no one was hurt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...