Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I Went to the Doctor

Wednesday I finally went to the doctor to find out what is going on with my knee. As you probably know I have been training for a half marathon and I have found that after 2-3 miles something on the right side of my leg causes me not to be able to take another step without waiting a little bit. It has been very frustrating as I feel like I have the stamina to go further.

The furthest I have run is 5.9 miles! That is the longest run I have ever done in my entire life! You can see the running routes I have been taking here. The pics are 2.9, 5.5 and 5.9 miles respectively.

Anyhow, the doctor said I started out running too hard too fast and that I need to ease into it. What I hear him saying is, "Erik, you're no spring chicken." Although he did say, "Erik, you are plenty young and should have no problems as long as you take care of yourself. I started running marathons at 42!" He also gave me a referral to get an x-ray if I felt like it was really bothering me.

Doctors orders: take it easy. Do the elliptical. Swim. The whole reason I started this deal was to hang out with my buddy Steve. Hmmm...I went running Sunday and yesterday. I took it pretty easy, but ran a 7:49 mile pace yesterday, so I guess that's not taking it too easy. I didn't hurt though. I guess we will just have to see if I run that half marathon or drive it and cheer Steve on. I only have a month left. gulp.


2.9 miles

5.5 miles

5.9 miles

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...