Thursday, September 27, 2012

NFL Controversy? Not here.

After watching the final 8 seconds of the Seahawks/Packers game the other night I was blown away with all the banter around the final play. Someone had said, "Well, this game is over." I replied, "It's football. Anything can happen in 8 seconds. That's like 10 minutes." Then it happened. A long bomb, hail Mary throw, into the endzone. It was caught. Ruled as a touchdown. The Seahawks won it. I couldn't believe it.

Let me peel back the honesty layers a bit and let you inside my brain for a moment. I love sports. I love playing them any time I can. I enjoying watching some sports, but I do not choose my TV provider based on what sports packages they offer. I like to watch my Red Sox play, especially when they play the Yankees (although this has been a VERY tough year). That being said, I do not watch a lot of Red Sox. Some of that has to do with time, some of it has to do with the lack of BoSox on west coast TV. Some of it has to do with, I have other stuff I want to watch. I usually watch the playoffs when they are in it. I do get updates on my phone every 3 innings. And then say, "Seriously?!?!? Ugh!" I also watch the Superbowl, but mainly for the commercials. (No thanks Hopper. Not for that game).

Occasionally there is a soccer game on, but it is pretty rare. The Olympics is a completely different animal. I am all in on that. I suppose if I were on a fantasy football league I would be more interested, but I think I would get too consumed with it that I would lose focus in other places. So I am a highlight watching guy and a "I'm in a room with a bunch of guys and a game is being watched and it is exciting" guy. That's what happened Monday night. It was crazy. I didn't even have a clue about the replacement refs. (Side note: I watched the last half of the Replacements the other night and enjoyed the idea of what that would be like. Second side note: I went to try out for the Braves during the strike but it rained and they cancelled it).

Today, I came across a video that is about 10 months old, but inspired me. There was no controversy. There were no angry words thrown around. It was just pure joy, love and inspiration. Check out this video about a down syndrome boy playing football.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...