Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Being Prayed For

This past weekend we had our biggest youth event of the year. It was a pretty awesome weekend. The themes was "Consumed" based on Deuteronomy 4:24 which says, "For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God." The whole concept is that God loves us so deeply and desires our love back. When Jesus was asked what the most important commandment was, he replied, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” (Matthew 22:37-40). 


We had four speakers throughout the weekend. Ronnie Harris, one of our youth pastors and former NFL player, spoke on loving God with all your heart. Amanda Holste, who attends one of our churches in Oregon, spoke on loving God with all your soul. John Stumbo, my former senior pastor, spoke on loving God with all your mind. John Chang, a church planter, spoke on loving your neighbor as yourself. They all did a fantastic job. 


Sunday morning, John Coats and I lead a prayer service. I did not expect it. It was pretty amazing. I had shared that one way you can pray for someone is to visualize God's best for them. God knows our thoughts and can see what we are thinking. It was something my friend Morris had shared with me years ago. Well, near the end of the service, Jeff Brown came over to me and said that his wife Kara had come over to him and said, "When Erik said that I pictured him and Jeanne-Ann with their 2 kids from Ethiopia." He said, "Me too." They felt like they should have everyone pray. I am not someone to get in God's way, so they did. 

Jeff got up in front of everyone and shared a piece of my story and asked people to come around me and pray. He also asked if Jeanne-Ann was in there. I never saw her. It turns out that when Jeff said her name she was walking past the doors to the meeting room and heard her name called. She came in and got about 20 feet from where I was. People got around us and prayed for us. It was amazing. I was overwhelmed. They prayed we would get our call for our referral soon. I had to give announcements after and was blubbering my way through them. That part was actually pretty funny.


I am so thankful for people who listen to God and for your prayers. Thank you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...