Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ethiopia Update

We got a note from Dove International (our adoption agency) today giving us a little update. This is what they said that if adoptive families are already paired with a child they do not have to go to the court hearing and make a second trip. That is not us though. So we have to make the second trip. There was a question as to whether we both had to go. It looks like we both have to go now. I know that it is great because we meet our kids WAY before we would have "the old way." The bummer is that we will have to leave them for a few months. I know that Ethiopia wants to do everything to protect the kids, so the extra $5,000-$6,000 is just part of what we need to do. It is also cool that Jeanne-Ann and I have to completely trust God along this journey. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My name is Kim Linton & we are in the process of adopting from Ethiopia. We have accepted a little boy & are now waiting on a court date. It's not likely that we will pass court before the April 9 cut-off date. I'm interested if you have any documentation from your agency that people who are paired with a child don't have to make the 2nd trip. Our agency, Bethany Christian Services, hasn't heard about this. This could really save us from making this trip. Thank you!

erik w/a "k" said...

Kim,
I am emailing you the letter we received from DOVE.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...