Sunday, February 24, 2008

Interactive Audience and Bon Jovi Singing



One thing that they have been using this weekend that I think is soooo awesome is the interactive audience response system. They have been asking us a bunch of fun questions and then we click our "clickers" and vote. Then we immediately see the results.

They use them for messages as well. So stinking cool!

They used it last night to choose who would be the guest singer to cover Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name." I was one of the 5 that tried out. The guy after me got up and said, "I am only half white so I only know the chorus." Hilarious! He could sing. Then there was a big guy who got up next and he could blow! They were by far the winners. I got 6 % of the vote and they split most of the rest of it.

But it was very fun.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

WOw....HAve loved the interaction. I mean if I could afford little clickers I would ask a million questions. And how bout those winners...they could definitly sing...but wasnt there a rule that you had to know the whole song and ole boy only knew the chorus....????

Michelle said...

You'll have to give us info on the clickers...we clearly would have voted for you a gazillion times had we been there. Maybe it was your song choice - Randy would have said sing Keep the Faith; Paula - Have a Nice Day; Simon - Livin on a Prayer or Who Says You Can't Go Home.

Hey - ask Kurt about his moonlight gig with Bon Jovi!?? Did you know Kurt Johnston is the currently on tour with the band? Playing "steel lap guitar"? He's holdin' out! He just said he was stuck in the ATL - he was really in Milwaukee partyin' it up with the band. Ask him for tix for all of us!

Folkestad said...

I'd love to figure out how to do this on an actual ministry budget. I've been hearing them talk about it during the podcast. Sounds like an awesome tool!

Jessica said...

Way to hold your ground. Those clickers are awesome! Great way to get the audience involved, eh?

Jeff Vyduna said...

If you want to do something similar to the clickers for 1% of the price (that clicker you posted a picture of is $40 a pop - ouch) check out this service my friends and I made called http://PollEverywhere.com - a lot of ministries are using it for a wide variety of stuff. People vote by sending a text message from their phone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...