Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'm Stuck

Headed out to Cincinnati to go to the Group Conference and I landed in Minneapolis and discovered my flight was canceled! I did not know what to do. So I headed to the ticket counter and they said I would get in at 2:45PM the next day. What?! There is a ton of snow falling in that area. She found another route that I could take. I was with Northwest and she put me on United Airlines to Chicago and then on American Airlines to Indianapolis, which is actually where I was originally supposed to land and then drive to Cincinnati. That was good news, but unfortunately I cannot get my suitcase until tomorrow in Indianapolis in the morning.

My friend Kurt is stuck in Atlanta and he was supposed to be speaking to a group of Alliance guys in the morning and that is not happening. Thankfully I was able to cancel my first night in my hotel even though I prepaid for it so I could get a really great rate.

I am now waiting in Chicago as my flight is delayed, but it is not weather related, it is because the crew is not here yet. Will I get anywhere tonight? Sleeping should be interesting. I am hoping that a hotel will be cool and give me a “stress” rate. We’ll see.

People are funny. So many people live in the world of entitlement. Check out this guy who was going to make sure he got his 1st class privileges of walking on the TINY red carpet for 1st classers.



Stay tuned for all sorts of updates on the weekend and what I get to experience there. I hope it is an encouragement to you.

UPDATE:
I am now in Indianapolis at a hotel and will head out in the morning. It's snowing here, which I love, but I hope it does not get to be too much or it will make it difficult to get to Cincinnati.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

So sorry you are stuck...no fun. Too bad you couldn't get stuck in the ATL too... Enjoy a quiet night, and hopefully you'll get in to Cinci for a good bit of the Alliance chat after all. Take great notes for us! Can't wait to hear about it. Let us know what we can do for ya'!!

Unknown said...

Congrats, you get to give away a digital download version of Jr High What's Next? from Simply Youth Ministry. Come up with some way to give it away as you blog the Group/SYM Conference. Can't wait to read your posts!

JG

Folkestad said...

Sounds like your trip has started out great! I don't understand why you would stress about being stuck in the greatest city in the world, Minneapolis? Afterall, its the land of the Mann's! Hope your week goes well. Wish I could be there with the Alliance guys!

Chris Folkestad
Josh Mann's friend

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...