Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Barry Bonds and his 756th Home Run Ball


I don't know what your thoughts are on the whole Barry Bonds "controversy" but I am a bit tired of it. It seems so many people are really good at making a decision before the "jury is out." It seems like people have no problem claiming someone guilty, before proven guilty and yet they don't like it when it happens to them.

That being said...this Mark Ecko guy who started Ecko Unlt and then spent almost 3/4 of $1,000,000 to buy Barry Bonds' 756th home run ball. He then took the ball and set up a web site for people to "vote" o what to do with it. The options were to a) give the ball to the Hall of Fame, b) give the ball to the Hall of Fame with an asterisk on it, and c) send it into outer space. I sent him a message on his myspace and let him know that I will not be buying anything from his Ecko Unlimited company.

According to Ecko, the winner is b. Bonds called him an idiot. Hmmmm. I personally think it is ridiculous. It also irritates me that the Hall of Fame is OK with it. They are basically saying that they agree with the "guilty before proven guilty" statement. I read an article online. This is a quote.

"Leyland later agreed with a columnist, who said he thought the Hall of Fame was disrespecting Bonds for accepting the ball with the asterisk on it."

Despite what you may think and most of you may disagree with me, I just think it is sad. Get over it. He is still hitting like crazy and is under more scrutiny then ever before. He is a great hitter and a great ball player.

OK, enough of my rant.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...