Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Bonehead moments of the week!

This weekend was filled with a few embarrassing moments for me. I don't get embarrassed easily, but I did this weekend. On Friday I went with Jeanne-Ann to take the kids to school. As we were walking out of the school I heard someone crying in the school (surely someone who didn't want their mom to leave). I didn't pay it much mind and i went to grab Jeanne-Ann's hand as we walked out. She kind of pulled her hand away. I tried three times and she did the same thing and I was getting a little irritated as Jeanne-Ann says, "Erik, what are you doing?" I then looked to my left and realized that Jeanne-Ann had stopped to see if the crying child was OK and that another mother was walking next to me!!! She said, "I wondered what you were doing, besides, I'm married." We had a good laugh.



Then came Sunday. There was a "ministry fair" at church (all the different ministries have booths set up and you can go hear all about them). I went over to see my friend Patrick at the college booth. We chatted for a while and I asked Karston if he wanted to go give Maria (Patrick's wife) a hug. I had seen her out of the corner of my eye standing near Patrick as we were talking. I was looking at Karston as I went around the table with my arm out ready to give her a hug and looked up as she pulled back a bit...it wasn't Maria!!! It was a college student that had dark curly hair like Maria and was about the same size as her.

Seriously! What is my deal?! Oh well. My bonehead moments continue to give others great joy so I thought I would pass this along to you.
Few days ago i tried tc held Jas hand 3 times and it wasn't her.
Sunday aM at the College booth i went to hug Maria. not her.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...