Monday, September 04, 2006

I am NOT a handyman! ...and Steve Irwin is gone...




I have been working on a project for several months now. The first part was putting up blinds in our house. That seemed to be an ok deal. I did deal with some level of frustration, but got it done. Then came the boards that cover the top of the blinds. I'm sure they have some official name to them, but I have no idea what that is. I guess that, even though we got the blinds to be custom fit, the boards weren't. So I had to cut them to size. Somehow my measurements didn't add up on several of them and I had to recut them. 2 more than once) I had to put plastic clips on the metal part of the blinds in order to hang the boards on them. Turns out that there was no room to get the clips on there. So I had to lower the whole deal. This meant that I had to unscrew them all, measure the whole deal and screw them back in.

Well, today I finally finished that project. But before I finished them I had a few moments of frustration where I screamed and yelled at the tape measure, the blinds and the clips. I told them! Stupid inanimate objects!


In other news...it was a sad day today. Steve Irwin, the crocodile hunter, was killed by a stingray. I guess that is very uncommon thing to happen, but it sent its tail through his rib and into his heart. Crazy! Loved that guy. He leaves behind a wife and 2 kids and many sad fans. Few people have brought as much attention to wildlife with as much passion as Steve Irwin. He will be missed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...