Saturday, July 31, 2010

My Day in 90 Seconds Included 2 near death moments

I decided to do my second 90 second day in review today. I did not think this day would make me really think about the value of life so much. All day long I took 1-3 second video clips of what I did throughout the day. We went strawberry picking at this little spot that is run by a cute elderly couple. Then the whole fam went to Starbucks after picking 4 buckets of strawberries. We enjoyed a drink and some time just chatting. What a perfect way to start the day.

Kynzi and I headed over to the Ditchen's to pack up an inflatable and shoot a safety video with it. They have 2 little kids and Kynzi loves kids so we stayed there about an hour as she played with them. Then we headed home, but stopped at the Bennett's to say hi. We ended up staying there about an hour or so as well. Great to spend time with friends I don't get to spend a ton of time with.

As we headed home, we came over the bridge that goes over the interstate. I was surprised how quickly the truck pulled out without stopping. All of a sudden a Volvo pulled out right as we were passing. Had I not swerved hard we would have been t-boned. Kynzi thought the hit us, but I was sure it was the truck that was waiting to pull out that released air from his air brakes. I pulled over to look at the side of my car and noticed this car sat in the middle of the road for 2 minutes and then suddenly drove across the street and headed back to the interstate they had just gotten off of.

We went to church and Jeff lead worship and Josh preached and did a great job! Jeff and Kara were commissioned for their trip to Egypt! So excited for them. Please click on his name and buy his first album. Good stuff! Plus, you support their trip to encourage missionaries/international workers as they lead worship for them. I love when Josh gets to preach in big church. He talked about Joshua 3 and how there are major moments that God grabs us as we trust and obey God completely. He ended with a blog entry from Becca (his wife) that talked about their early part of their adoption story and how they trusted God for the finances and how He has been providing. Love that story. God is good, all the time!

We headed home and on the way home a truck pulled into my lane pretty quickly and I swerved and honked my horn and he last minute swerved back. Man! What is up with this day. After catching my breath we kept going home and I fixed dinner (Norwegian waffles...yummm!) and then I went for a run. I hit 5.32 tonight. It felt really great. I have been praying on my runs recently and that was good (for another post soon).

After 2 VERY near moments that could have changed our day and our lives it has caused me to reflect a bit. Part of that reflection is on how precious each moment we have actually is. We have no idea when we will be called Home. None. It could be tomorrow, it could be 70 years from now. What I do know is that I need to live my life in a way that appreciates the life God has given me and do something with it. I don't want to waste my life. I don't want to look back at my life when I am old and have a bunch of, "I wish I had..." That would be awful!  So today I say, "God, I am yours! Whatever You want from me; where ever You want me to go; whatever You want me to do; whomever You want me to talk to; I am Yours! Lead me. Guide me. Help me to have faith to step into the waters of uncertainty like the Israelites did when they stepped into the Jordan and You dried up the overflowing river so they could all cross on dry land into the promised land! I want to live like that. Always ready to step into the rushing waters, trusting You the whole way, wherever You lead me!"

Wrapping it up now as we will head to Portland with 9 kids tomorrow! Night.

Oh, sorry the video will have to be posted later. Ran out of time. Haha.

2 comments:

Bex said...

Yeah! I like this post even better than a video. What a fun day with your family....minus almost dying twice. so glad you are alive. You've got four kids and a wife to stick around for!:-) Happy trip to Portland!!

Angela said...

Geez! What a day! Glad you are around to tell about it!
Love the pics... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...