Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Made it to San Fransisco

We are in SF at the airport. After chaining up through the Siskouyou mountains we got into Simpson in Redding at 2:22AM. As an Alliance pastor I get free lodging at the school which is pretty cool. I guess I wasn't clear that the whole family was coming, so we had 2 bunks, 2 pillows and 2 sleeping bags. It was pretty comical. We made due. then we got up, had Manhattan bagels for breakfast and met up with Travis O (you may know him as Old Skool) and his family at sbux and then headed to San Fransisco.

We had a bunch of time so we decided to do some sight seeing. We had In-N-Out and it was sooo yummy. Then we drove past the Persidio (I lived there when I was in 5th grade) and crossed the Golden Gate Bridge. We took some pics at vista Point and then crossed back over. We got our SIX bucks out for the toll and the lady said we did not have to pay today! Weird. I didn't ask, but I wonder if someone in front of us paid for it. Cool. We then went to the Norwegian Seaman's Church where we went a few times when we lived there. We got some Norwegian waffles and then bought some Norwegian chocolate from their little store. I got to use my Norwegian with Torre. That was awesome!

We are now waiting to get on the plane. Been here a few hours. We are tired, but in good spirits. We could get bumped and get a total of $1,600 worth of Delta dollars between the four of us. Unfortunately we wouldn't get in till MUCH later tomorrow or the next day. We are already 2 days later than we started off. So we will take our first class seats and sit in them and sleep well...and eat and watch movies, etc. :)


Can't wait to get to the "other side." Pray we get there safely and swiftly. Pray also for sleep for the kids and JA and I too. Thanx!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...