Thursday, January 08, 2009

Have You Ever Collected Baseball Cards?

Growing up I collected baseball cards. Actually, I continued on into adulthood. It became a bit of an obsession. I got Beckett Baseball Card Monthly so I could see the values of my different cards. I would often pull really good cards and it drove my brother crazy as he "knew more than me" about them. I still pick up a pack or two from time to time. I know they are not like they were in the hay day of the late 80s and early 90s. I once opened a pack of cards with a wooden card with Cal Ripken Jr on it and the store owner paid me $150 on the spot for it.

I have a few other favorites that I have not sold. Roger Clemens cards, Ken Griffey Jr. rookies, Michael Jordan when he played a season of baseball, A Joe Montana rookie card and many others. I even have some with autographs and some with pieces of their uniforms in the card.

Do you/did you collect?

Do you collect anything else?

Check out this ladies' find. Click here.

Hope I get one like that some day!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Are you kidding, Tim still has boxs of card in our garage. I have wanted to ask him if we could make some boys dream come true by giving them away. But I don't think that is a good idea, he has some really valuable ones too. Because I love him and I am his wife I leave the baseball cards alone....sigh

Unknown said...

Ummmm...he could make this boy's dream come true!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...