Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A Nasty Memory


Last year I took a trip to Burkina Faso and Mali, West Africa. I was there to retell stories on video to show at our life conference this summer (www.life2007.com). I was just reminded of a story that I think I had tried to suppress. Some friends were just there for a visit and they were told this story and passed it on to me.

So the story…

We were at an outdoor “restaurant” out in the bush and we had ordered some sort of steak and fries. I was really hungry and it tasted very good! Karen, one of the missionaries, said hers was very tough and she didn’t eat it. I loved mine. I was still hungry so I snuck the rest of Karen’s steak. I knew she wasn’t going to finish it. I then told her that it didn’t taste so tough to me.

Three days later Larry, Karen’s husband, let me in on a little secret. Karen had chewed her steak as much as she could and got the juices out. I guess she chewed the whole thing and then I chewed it and finished it. She saw me eat it and felt really bad and didn’t want to tell me.

They told my friends this story when they went over there and now everyone has had a god laugh at my nasty experience!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...