Thursday, December 20, 2012

This is that Pappa?

Nyah Is sprouting a whole new crop of words. She is beginning to interact with us using actual sentences! I love how the mind works. Hers is constantly racing and she daily gives us nuggets of verbal gold. Jeanne-Ann was just saying that she is capturing it all in her mind and treasuring it. That is exactly how I feel. I want to treasure every moment with my children.

As she is trying to figure out what things are she asks us, "This is that?" Basically she is asking us, "What is that called?" It is perhaps my favorite all time saying from her. I am sure she will deliver even more juicy gems as she takes in more words and phrases.

I am so thankful for modern technology that lets me capture things in an instant. Some of them I keep just for us and some I share with the rest of the world. This one I struggled with, because I treasure it so deeply. It is much like the little stone Kynzi gave me when she was 2 or 3. She collected them as treasures and they were very special to her. Then she found her favorite one and she gave it to me. She wanted me to have her favorite treasure! I cried and carried it around with me for years. I have since put it in away in my own treasure chest.

Then there was the stick that Karston was making me when he was 8 years old. He had whittled it to perfection and then began to carve "Pappa" into the side of it. I had been out of the country and was coming home the next day. He was in the van and had been told to put it away. It was dark and he went against his mothers wishes because he wanted so badly to finish it for me. Then it happened. It slipped and he cut himself deep in the leg. He got 4 stitches from that little gift. I treasure that stick to this day.

Haak has recently started to do a fair amount of repeating our words. Perhaps my favorite is I Love you. What is so treasured about him saying it? He says,"I yowyou." Yes! LOVE IT! Perhaps one of the greatest treasures from Haakon was when he was too upset to stay in his Sunday school class and so he joined us in the main worship room. As we were singing praises to God, I held him and he sang with me. My heart screamed for joy. Tears streamed down my face. My treasures will continue to give me more heart treasures for the rest of their lives. Some I will capture on film and some I will just capture in my mind and heart. Here is my latest treasure from Nyah. Enjoy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...